larisa.com Forum
October 23, 2017, 09:56:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Alex Mack reference on this week's episode of Fresh Off The Boat  (Read 71 times)
Anthony

View Profile
« on: October 06, 2017, 08:53:54 PM »

Hey guys.  Just wanted to let you know that on this week's episode of the ABC comedy series Fresh off The Boat, which is supposed to take place in 1995, according to the opening intro, mentioned Alex Mack.  The main plot was the mom being a contestant on Wheel of Fortune, but the reference was in a scene having to do with the subplot of the father of the family, Louis and his oldest son Emory, building a birdhouse.  Louis asks some kind of question and Emory's response was "Is The Secret World of Alex Mack the best show on television?"  After a short pause, Emory answers the question himself "Yes it is" haha, great stuff.  I still have it DVR'ed, so I'll be back later when I get a chance to watch it again, so I can post the exact dialogue.  Almost reminds me of That '70s Show where, even through several seasons, it still seems to be the same year.  The Goldbergs does something similar, except that show takes places in the '80s and to avoid mistakes, never specifies what year in the '80s any particular episode takes places in.  But you can often guess based on what popular movie is in theaters mentioned at the time, like Karate Kid or The Wizard.
terrance2874

CEO of Cool of Larisa.com

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 08:14:55 PM »

Yeah let us know and I'll have to check it out.

Terrance: The party host of Larisa.com!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: